Sunday, July 24, 2011

Colorado-Camping!



Scott and I nick named this rock pigeon rock with all the birds (pigeons) sitting on it!






Well, we left the conference center on Friday about noon, there is one thing at the center that I did not talk about before, it was a piece of "art".  Those of you who know me KNOW I am an artist (see one of my works below)
BUT- as a midwife, even I would NOT have this piece of art in my office!  This retreat center is run by some nuns. It was being used as a vase, (Although I did take a photo of it, I will not post it here-it was vulgar) 

My husband asked me to go see this vase in the lobby, and he asked-is that what I think it is?  I looked and said-well yes it is.  He had a lot more time that we did, so spent time sitting in the lobby and looking around at the art on the wall and all the other stuff....


  It was the male p****, with part of the woman around it (you can imagine what parts) and then the color coming out of the top-well that represented you know what...so very very gross. They were using the thing for a vase.   I told a few close friends at the conference to check that out...but of course did not announce this type of thing -weird gross art-at a Christian conference...!


my friend and fellow board member Lori L.  From 
California

My friend Jill from Georgia, who will help us with the next conference...it will be in October in 2012, (not April as we thought before) so NO ONE who wants my services get preg and be due during that time!

Other than that, and a few meals that were not the best (that is ALWAYS a issue not matter where we are at and no matter what conference we are attending....no one cooks like me -except for my mom, and well-Shonda Parker!  Loves that gals cooking!  


part of the park....


So we left and went south to the camp ground we were gonna stay at.   I HATE the name, but it goes with the park that is in this area.  Garden of the gods.  I want to rename all of it to Garden of the ONE TRUE GOD...since HE made the land and all...but no one will do that around here! 
another view of the park
 But that is me-I want to give GOD, the ONE TRUE GOD, the glory for all of HIS creation, and there are many beautiful parks and land in this country that bears names that do NOT give HIM glory!


another view as we hiked..

We have been staying at the camp site -it is very dog friendly.  Matter of fact, the small camping cabin we are staying in, (see photo below) is 'dog friendly'.
inside of the small cabin where we are staying...


  We did not realize that there were some camping cabins that do not allow pets, I would have rather had one of those... 


Yesterday we went to the park, and hiked a little---.
Met some starnge type of people, along with normal people...this photo below (sorry, I cant turn it) I wanted to ask them :  If you tell me why your dressed strange that way, I will tell you why I am dressed normally....

Love this rock formation!


Rocks where you can climb at your risk...the sign suggests to Not climb as the rocks can fall, but everyone was climbing here!

the rock formation I liked!



  It is not a huge park so it is an easy hike, but we did not do the whole hike.  My knee wont allow that and took a day to recover from being on the second floor at the retreat center-so stairs all the time, and hills down and up from the dinning hall......As I continue to loose weight, that will help some, but after having surgery, my knee will never be the same until GOD heals it or I go home to heaven and get a new one!


So here are some more photos...enjoy!


all around the park you see stuff like this, like it was washed out with water, not billions of years ago, but thousands-from some flood!  

another cool area washed out from water....

you can see the different colored rocks here

a great view...

close up of 'pigeon' rock!


this was on a tree, this is how the leaves looked on this tree...not sure what kind of tree it is though!




see scott and I at the top?!  We are younger looking and I am thinner when I am up in thinner air like that! We let some stranger just take our camera and take our photo!   Ha Ha!

another view!

Well, we had to come into Mcdonalds to type this, (did NOT eat here-so gross!) so not sure if we will type anything else until were home again...but we will update ya all later when we can!
Be blessed!
Scott and Ireena!

No comments:

Post a Comment